This work for Hire Agreement (“Agreement”) is made between PureRead Ltd and signed agent below.
In this Agreement, the party who is contracting to receive the services shall be referred to as the “Client” and the party who will be providing the services shall be referred to as the “Service Provider”.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. Beginning on 13 June 2016, Service Provider will provide the following services: any services deemed necessary and a daily progress report via email Mon-Fri (this will be required).
- SERVICE LOCATION. The Service to be provided under this Agreement shall be performed at the Service Provider’s place of business. (i.e. Home Office, coffee shop, swimming pool etc.)
- SCHEDULE AND DAYS OFF. Service Provider Assistance is generally available to provide a minimum of 40 hours, excluding national holidays (please email your holiday schedule for the year). NOTE: if you desire a day or a week off, please inform by email and arrangements will be made. Please note, you will not receive payment for days or weeks not actively working for the Client.
- PAYMENT FOR SERVICES. Client will pay compensation to Service Provider for the Services at a starting rate of US$300 per month. This compensation shall be payable paid out $150 on the 14th and $150 on 30th day of the month through Paypal.
- First 2 weeks of evaluation. You will be paid $75 per week for the first two weeks of your evaluation. If there is unsatisfactory performance within the first week you will be terminated with no pay.
- First full month’s evaluation. If either party decides to terminate the arrangement within the first full month after the two week evaluation you will be paid 50% of the agreed-upon rate.
- 90 days evaluation. There will be a 90 day trial beginning on the first day of your first full month, after which your position will be reevaluated, and a permanent position considered.
- TERM/TERMINATION. Either party may terminate this agreement upon 14 days written notice to the other party. Provided, however, that each party may terminate the Agreement immediately without prior notice in the event of a breach of this Agreement by the other party. Upon Termination, Service Provider shall invoice Client for any payment due, and payment will be due normal next pay cycle.
- NON-DISCLOSURE AND NON-SOLICITATION. Service Provider shall not directly or indirectly disclose to any person other than a representative of Client at any time either during the term of this Agreement or following the termination or expiration thereof, any confidential or proprietary information pertaining to Client, including but not limited to customer lists, contacts, financial data, sales data, supply sources, business opportunities for new or developing business, plans and models, or trade secrets. Furthermore, Service Provider agrees that during the term of this Agreement, and for 5 years following the termination of this Agreement, Service Provider shall not directly or indirectly solicit or attempt to solicit any customers or suppliers of Client other than on behalf of client himself.
- RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES. It is understood by the parties that Service Provider is an independent contractor with respect to the Client and not an employee of the Client. The Client will not provide fringe benefits, including health insurance benefits, paid vacation, or any other employee benefit, for the benefit of Service Provider.
- WORK PRODUCT OWNERSHIP. Any works copyrighted, ideas, discoveries, inventions, patents, products, or other information (collectively, the “Work Product”) developed in whole or in part in Service Provider in connection with the Services shall be the exclusive property of the Client. Upon request, Service Provider shall sign all documents necessary to confirm or perfect the exclusive ownership of the Client to the Work Product.
- LIABILITY. Service Provider will not be liable for loss, damage or delay of Client’s project due to circumstances beyond Contractor’s control. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) acts of God, public unrest, power outages, and inability to contact Client. In the event of such loss, damage or delay, Service Provider will make every effort to notify Client immediately.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. Service Provider will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for the personal benefit of Service Provider, or divulge, disclose or communicate in any manner any information that is proprietary to the Client. Service Provider will protect such information and treat it as strictly confidential. This provision shall continue to be effective after the termination of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, Service Provider will return to Client all records, notes documentation and other items that were used, created, or controlled by Service Provider during the term of this Agreement with the exception of items purchased by Service Provider and not reimbursed by the Client.
- SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
I believe wholeheartedly in treating people with respect and honesty. Whatever agreements we make here, I will be doing so fully expecting you to do well and deal honestly, and you can expect the same from me. You have your own moral compass.
For me it’s simple:
Figure things out
Be direct and honest (in words and actions)
Extending beyond the usual or ordinary
If you feel that this is an opportunity you would like to explore together, let us positively enter a 1 week, 1 month, 90 day trial, after which we can evaluate for ongoing work.
Signature of Representative:
David Lee Martin, Director of PureRead Ltd